Mar 19, 2008

Art

The boys have never been enthusiastic about painting or drawing. Only last fall did Risto's pictures evolve from mindless scribblings to something recognizable. And now he draws wonderful pictures!
So I was surprised on Monday night when Tuomas announced that he wanted to draw. After a couple of minutes he came to me, told me to close my eyes and handed me this:

"That's you, Mom!" I was biting my lip when I asked what the two dots under my head were, but surprisingly they had nothing to do with my breasts, they were my eyes, OF COURSE!!! But Tuomas apparently noticed something unorthodox in the location of the eyes since his next portrait of DH was a more conservative interpretation of the human body:

Then he drew a portrait of Clara (he's really warming up to Clara, saying "thank you" and "I'm sorry") and I asked if he could manage to draw some hair on her head. "No, because she's bald and angry!!!" *giggle-giggle-giggle* That portrait was followed by ones of my parents with hair. And this morning he drew me an airplane. Our Picasso!

No comments: