May 29, 2008

More art from Risto

There was a fire across the street at the boys' daycare on Tuesday. Someone had set a heap of twigs and branches on fire. The flames were several meters high, charring a nearby pine tree up to 5 meters. Risto got really scared and started crying even though there was no apparent danger. The fire fighters came and put the fire down. Exciting and scary! For the past two days Risto has been drawing fire trucks.



Last night I asked him to draw a picture of our family. He was happy to do that since it meant that he could stay up later. Risto is onthe roof with his basketball, Tuomas has his football and Jaakko is holding a spade. DH has a lollipop (!) and I'm holding a flower. It's cute that DH and I are holding hands. My ears are not visible since my hair is so long. The smoke coming out of the chimney indicates that my parents are inside barbecueing sausages for us. Our Family!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Poor Risto! I would be terrified if I saw dancing flames across the street! One of my neighbors' houses exploded last year because of a gas leak, killing her and the natural gas employee. I get jumpy around fire... I'm glad that by the second picture the fire was only smoke in the chimney!