Mar 7, 2011

Pictures

I signed up for a 10 km race. The race was held on Saturday at 4 PM. The day before the race I heard a rumor that it had been re-scheduled to start at 9 AM. I went to the shop where I registered and the guy there didn't know anything about the race, but referred me to "Bish Bash" bar to a woman called Evie. I hadn't heard of "Bish Bash" Bar, but he told me where to find it. Well, I found "Beach Bum" bar and Evie, who told me that the race is indeed at 9 AM. Well, our whole family went to the starting place of the race at 8:30 the next morning. Nobody was there. We came back 10 minutes later to find two guys wearing the organizers t-shirts. They were happy to tell me that the race had been re-re-scheduled to start at 4 PM. About 30 people showed up at 4 PM. Just before the start of the race one of the organizers announced that women are only running to the top of the hill and back "since 10 km is a bit too much for the ladies". If I hadn't been sick on Thursday I'd have run the whole 10 km, but weighing then a couple of kg's less than on Thursday morning and with the afternoon heat I was happy with the up-the-hill-and-back, 6 km total.
Our neighbor is a mosaic artist. She set up a small workshop for some of her friends and I was invited to join them. I made this turtle.

Jaakko and I made oatmeal cookies, my mother's recipe.
Because of the butter content the cookies don't stay nice and crispy in this heat. But it didn't really matter, since we ate them pretty quickly.


Our car didn't pass the motor vehicle inspection because according to the inspector our license plate is illegible. Ummm, ok.
Our pet, Osmo's brother having lunch in our tree.
Hibiscus next to our pool.
Newly painted Coco Skate Park. The design is by a local artist, Carlos Hiller.
The pictures were sketched on the walls and everybody could paint. My masterpiece is the black sword Tuomas is holding.

"Lead us not into temptation" is not made easy.
We found this newborn snake on our patio. It was only about 15 cm long. Apparently poisonous, but not deadly. And besides it was so small that it would've been impossible for it to bite.

No comments: