Feb 16, 2011

Las Hornillas

We spent a day at Las Hornillas at Volcan Miravalles.
So peaceful when you don't hear our boys fighting in the back seat.
We started by taking a walk in the cloudforest. The first waterfall seen from the hanging bridge.
The same waterfall downstream.
Happy family by the waterfall.
It was constantly raining in the forest. Or actually we were just inside a cloud.
This was one scary bridge. The wind was so strong that the bridge was swaying, no railing to hold on to except for a narrow wire. Tuomas and Jaakko were close to tears, and I was scared, too. And Risto could've stayed there for hours just filming everything. Children are so different.
After the cool (temperature and otherwise) walk in the cloudforest we headed for the hot springs and mud pools. The smokey surroundings at Las Hornillas.
Sulphur reeking from underground.
Bubbling pot of mud. Hearing and seeing it makes you not want to touch it; it was boiling hot!

This guy didn't mind the smell of the boiling sulphur pots.
Mud treatment for my dear husband. Oh, he looked years younger after it!
I did it, too. So much fun and it really made your skin smoother.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

It's so ethereal and beautiful...and then I saw the bridge and my heart completely stopped. I think I would have been with Tuomas and Jaakko, close to tears.