May 14, 2013

Butterfly farm

Passiflora
I have had the possibility to visit a butterfly farm in Santa Cecilia several times. The flora and fauna at the farm and in the surrounding jungle are amazing. A beautiful, tranquil paradise. I have kayaked a river near the farm, I have ridden a horse and I have walked in the jungle. Last week I finally took my family there. And they loved it!


Blue Morpho wing

Keel-billed Toucan

Caterpillars

Blue Morpho caterpillars

Even more yummy caterpillars




This is a bullet ant. It's about an inch long and you do not want to bet bit by it.

Amazing spider!

Look at it! It's Yoda!!

Morpho enclosure. There were about 400 females flying around.

Tuomas with morphos on his shirt.

Risto with morphos.

Beautiful vine in the jungle.




Jaakko with morpho.


Golden pupae.






1 comment:

Marjo said...

Kauniita kuvia :-)
- Marjo