Oct 10, 2007

Back home and leaving again

My trip to Belgium was wonderful. For 5 days I didn't have to think about cooking or cleaning, but enjoyed 4 course dinners, nice people, wonderful scenery, bicycling, walking and also the interesting topic of the conference. The boys survived my absence (and DH survived Tuomas throwing up one night...) and were happy to have me back. Tuomas and Risto stayed up late on Friday and waited for me (i.e. souvenirs...) to come home "hi-mom-what's-in-the-bag-anything-for-us".

The venue of the conference was Auberge de la Ferme, a place worth visiting.
The view from our village, Rochehaut, down to the village of Frahan.
The view down from Frahan towards Rochehaut.

The vineyard. Pinoit Noir on the right.

Tomorrow I'm leaving again. This time a trip of mere pleasure. I'm off to Barcelona with my friend on a mother-daughter trip. Since she and I are both mothers of three boys, i.e. there are no daughters to drag along, it's just going to be the two of us. Oh, what a shame..... I'll be back early Monday morning, relaxed and happy!

No comments: