Oct 10, 2007

Wise words

I subscribe to two daily e-mail letters and I highly recommend both. The first one is A Word A Day, a great chance to learn new words and their etymologies (in English) and the second one is Ajatusten Aamiainen, to give you a good feeling and a smile on your face every morning (in Finnish).

With AWAD comes a quote each time. I want to share today's quote:

Oh the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are -- chaff and grain together -- certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away. -George Eliot (pen name of Mary Ann Evans), novelist (1819-1880).

I'm lucky to have a DH and friends with whom I feel safe in this sense. And I know they get a lot of chaff to blow away :-)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh that's beautiful! Thanks for sharing that one.