Nov 4, 2007

What else has happened?

1) Risto has now his own room, and he's very proud of it. And we've had the "this is my room and I'm the king here and nobody can come in if I don't want them to!" arguments. Before, the boys slept in one room and the spare bedroom was the play-room (now Tuomas' and Jaakko's room). Quite a few times Risto crept in the Jaakko's crib when they still slept in the same room.

2) Despite the hectic life, I managed to be creative. Our white walls scream for colour, but DH isn't interested in having orange walls and "real" art is pricey. So.... DIY! I bought canvases, mixed some acrylics, used child labour and ta-dah
Hand prints from left to right: Tuomas, Jaakko and Risto. I deliberately made them different shades, quite daring for an engineering mind that loves symmetry and harmony, but I knew I'd be ripping my hair off trying to get them the same colour. I'm happy with the result, my first acrylic paintings!

3) Jaakko still eats like a pig. How could he get yoghurt on his eyelashes...

4) DH backed into a car in the traffic lights just two hours ago. I had run to the grocery shop and the boys decided to drive around the block instead of waiting at the parking place. When I came outside, I didn't see the car, walked around and then saw our green Land Rover waiting in the traffic lights. DH saw me, switched into reverse so he could turn to the parking place, but didn't see the teeny-tiny little white car behind him. I couldn't wave my arms to tell him to stop, since my arms were full of groceries. "I looked, but I didn't see the car and I heard the parking radar beep and I took my foot off the gas pedal....." BUMP and I saw the hood of the teeny-tiny-little white car bend. Nobody was hurt, nobody was angry, I guess it was my fault since I didn't drop the groceries on the ground and wave DH to stop and I guess I shouldn't be blogging about this... but now I can quote DH "I didn't see it!" if I ever in a million-zillion years should do something sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid. Sorry, DH!

No comments: