Sep 14, 2008

A new life


Our life has really changed lately with Risto in school and me starting at a new job. Plus we (or I) cancelled our subscription to the main newspaper. Ever since I was a kid Helsingin Sanomat has been a major part of my morning routine. But now that I'm commuting to the other side of the greater Helsinki area, I have hardly the time to have breakfast let alone to read something. DH hasn't read the paper during the week for years. Weekends we've enjoyed our breakfast reading the paper, but then again our dear little angels make it difficult. So, I cancelled it. 

Commuting is a new thing for me. Getting up a lot earlier, catching the bus, sitting in the metro. People walk like ants, knowing their destination in a single line right after one another. Funny. The first week of commuting I was able to knit half a meter of a scarf.

Above you can see what my ex-colleagues gave me. I wear the jewellery  every day. The long one is actually a test specimen!

(Oh, our lives will change even more dramatically on Sunday when Clara, our au pair, goes back home to Germany!)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

How is your new job?

Laura said...

I love it! My new colleagues are great! It's just the commuting that I have to get used to -> early to bed!!!