Apr 18, 2010

Birthday party

Tuomas celebrated his 6th birthday with his friends on Thursday, only 3 months late. I have to admit that after having Jaakko's birthday in November, Risto's in December, plus Christmas and then Tuomas' at the end of January, I'm so tired of baking and organizing that poor Tuomas ends up having his birthday party for friends quite late. We did have a party with grand- and godparents + relatives on time, though.
I never plan ahead about any themes, but usually by the night before the party get some ideas. It was pirates this time. All three boys have beautiful wooden pirate ships and I used one as a decoration on the table.
It took some time for the kids to realize that the round black things were edible!Seems like the ship's mice found the stack of cookies on the mast and had a nibble.
A true treasure island filled with candy.

I try to avoid using paper plates and cups. I even put champagne glasses and it turned out ok. Only one glass spilled and another one broke. But maybe next time I'll use just regular glasses!
With 12 kids running around the house (only two girls) the party ended up quite wild. Tuomas and Jaakko bumped into eachother 10 minutes into the party. Jaakko had a cut on his lip, but was 100% after 5 minutes after DH got blood cleaned. Risto enjoyed his role as the oldest child, made the kids do push-ups (!) and was the drummer in the band. It was a fun party, Tuomas enjoyed it, but I'm glad it lasted only two hours.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Your decorations made me tired just by looking at them. You are amazing to pull off a party like that! My 6-year-old told me yesterday that she has never had a birthday party. I tried to tell her she was mistaken. Then I thought about it...and realized she was right. (Bad mom moment.)

Zohaib Jawed said...

nice :)
http://inspect-aa-gadget.blogspot.com/