Jan 30, 2011

Tuomas 7 years!!!

The birthday boy was patient enough to wait in bed until I got his cake ready. He was sooo happy and the cut in his finger didn't hurt anymore.
Presents were hidden underneath a blanket on the dinner table: a skate board, magnifying glass for studying all the small critters, a wooden sign with his name on it and a can of sweet corn he had wished for.
Chocolate-banana- strawberry cake smothered with whipped cream for breakfast. Tuomas said that it tasted better than store-bought ones. I believe him (since I baked the cake...). It was a lot of work since we don't have an electric mixer and I had to do it manually!
There is a shop close to the boys' school that does wooden signs. The guy there speaks hardly any English, but this is what I managed to order from him using my dictionary.
The boys were fascinated when I showed them what can be done with a magnifying glass. We just have to be careful not to set the whole neighborhood on fire later on in the dry season!
Tuomas wanted sushi for birthday lunch.
The waiter surprised him with some cake!
After lunch we went to the skate park. We had drinks, chips and cookies for the boys' friends there and had a small birthday fiesta. Dylan and Tuomas are good friends.
Los chicas: Jimena, Ariadna and Dana.
Most of the gang: Juan, Martin, Diego, Johann, Ariadna, Alexander, Dylan, Jimena and Dana.

No comments: