Aug 21, 2007

Summer and all

It's the third week back at the office for me and I seem not to have the time/energy to update the blog. But I do my best......
... to train my boys to be good house-husbands. In all honesty, Risto wanted to mop the floor which meant that Tuomas wanted, too. Luckily we have two of them. I handed them the squirt bottle with the mild washing detergent and the mops and went away in order to avoid seeing the mess they'd make. The floor ended up being quite slippery (you _don't_ want black tiles on your floor, every little piece of dirt, crumbs, sand etc. shows), I think there was a hollow *thump* when Jaakko slipped and hit his head on the floor. But actually the floor was pretty clean, the boys were happy "Mom, guess what? If you take the ends of the mop away you can use these as swords!!!".

Risto and me after the mopping session. (Photo taken by Tuomas)
Baking "pulla". The best part, in my opinion too, is eating the dough, especially if you're making cinnamon rolls and you have already spread the butter and sprinkled the sugar and cinnamon. And those yeasty burps afterwards..... Can't really deny the boys that joy since I like it, too (the eating part, not the burping!). Hmm, my hands look slightly odd in the background...
Before


After....

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh, WOW! They look delicious (the pulla I mean). Isn't it great to have your children want to help around the house? Have you figured out how to get them to help ALL the time and not just when it's convenient? I'd love some pointers!