Apr 23, 2007

Crafts

I have started to wonder whether or not I'm ADHD. I'm unable to concentrate on one single thing. I start a million projects and 999 999 of them end up as UFO's (UnFinished Object). I think this is hereditary, since my mother gave me a table cloth she started to do black work embroidery on. A quarter of it is done, and that was way back in the 1960's.

I'm surprised that my DH (Dear Husband) has not lost his nerve with me. I took some pictures of my UFO's.... or should I call them WIP's (Work In Progress). This is only a fraction of them...

Before looking at these pictures I want to explain something. I'm not trying to give you a false impression by taking pictures of a tidy, clean home because that is so far from reality. Our house is a mess. Things are piled on tables, the piano, on counter tops, on the floor and all 4 boys do their best to help me keep the chaos in constant motion. People should pay surprise visits to their friends and see the "ugly truth" (hi there, Outi!). Actually what I'm saying that you're welcome to knock on our door anytime (I usually unplug the doorbell since our boys enjoy ringing it too much), you need to knock quite loudly.

And on your left, on top of the oranges, a Sophie bag I started this weekend. And on your right, in a red Christmas basket that has been waiting for 4 months to be put away, a stranded ball of orange wool. I have about 7-8 balls of this orange wool. No more than 2 are in the same place.

This Booga Bag (finished in 2005... yes, I have finished something) contains calbe needles and yarn for a rug (my own design). I bought the supplies in a hurry in September 2006, I wanted to start working on it immediately. Something happened (life, I guess) and started it just a month or so ago.

Inside this yellow bag is a lace scarf I started knitting about 1.5 years ago. I carry it with me to work now. Why? I don't have time to knit at work, I drive to work so I can't knit then.... why.... I guess I'd feel lonely without it.

Corner of the utility room. Marimekko fabrics. I have a cunning plan here. I try to keep it as messy as possible, so that DH would understand that I need cabinets there. Utility room without cabinets.... all I can say that architects obviously don't need them. (I wonder if it was smart of me to tell about my plan. DH reads this blog, too. Maybe he won't notice....)

1 comment:

Outi Loimaranta said...

Well how come you didn't show the wonderful cross stitch thing you started before you were married...ahem...a few years ago. :-) No but seriously, every SERIOUS crafter has to have several UFO's lurking around. I love the one that keeps you company in your hand bag while you drive to work. A warm thought.