Apr 26, 2007

UFO's

Ok, due to request, the picture of my cross stich I started 9 years ago. I wanted to have it finished before our wedding in September 1998. I came across the pattern on the internet, and my friend Melanie (Hwyl, fy ffrind) sent me the pattern, floss and the canvas for Christmas 1997. I got pretty far, we got married,but a lot of white remains still after all these years undone. A couple of years ago I said that I'll finish it by our 10th anniversary. I'll be in a hurry.

Joanne, also from the US, gave me fabric for a beautiful log cabing quilt. The fabric is so soft, the colors beautiful and I've started it. But..... quilting (at least for me) is something that needs a lot of concentration. Not something you do with the boys helping. The last time I worked on it I noticed that I had cut the strips slightly diagonally. It annoyed me so much that I had to stop. I want it to be perfectly straight! But once I get the cabinets in my (oops, our) utility room (please note this, DH), it will be a lot easier for me to work there.... and iron our clothes.

A picture of the vintage UFO my mother started in the 60's. I have serious doubts I'll ever finish it.



The edge of the vintage UFO table cloth is very beautiful! And it has taken a lot of time, I guess. My mom should really finish it!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so impressed! I think the cross stitch looks beautiful! I think you should frame it as it is. It makes an interesting artistic statement. After all, each marriage is a work of art in progress. If you ever stop working on it, it falls apart. Shouldn't a cross stitch of that marriage be continually in progress too? You could tell DH that it's symbol that your marriage will never be finished - that you'll always be working to make it better... See why I never finish projects? I can always find a way to talk myself out of them...

Laura said...

That is a lovely thought. I should never finish it then, we'd end up divorced. I should frame it with a needle and floss hanging from it so I could continue any time I want.