Apr 12, 2007

Puulihuna

Well, I never thought I'd make a blog of my own, but here I am, typing away. I have come to the resolution that it's easier to keep our friends/family abroad up to date with our lives through a blog, rather than sending e-mails with huge attached piccie files. I try to up-date this blog as often as possible. And since time is limited, the blog entries may be full of spelling mistakes etc. but if I try to make this a linguistic masterpiece, I'll never write anything here!

Puulihuna (gibberish) is actually Huulipuna (lipstick in Finnish). Tuomas (now 3 years old) doesn't like lipstick. Every once in a while when I try to emphasize the dwindling feminine side of me (believe me, living in a househole with 4 males is not easy...) and wear make-up, Tuomas looks at me very suspiciously and says:"Mom, are you wearing sticklip? Wipe it off!"

I went back to work beginning of March and entered the Bermuda Triangle (the corners of the triangle being home, office and day care) and I thought that I'll disappear into this black hole for years. I have to admit that things are running more smoothly than I feared. All 3 boys like day-care and working only 4 days a week helps a lot. So, hopefully I'll be able to send some news from the Bermuda Triangle and some day (in about 18 years) find myself out of there!





This painting is made by a relative of mine, Anna Westphal. She is my step second cousin's daugher (i.e. close relative). We wanted her to do a painting of our boys, but not the usual portrait type. This is what she did and we love it! It's quite big, 1.4m wide, 1 m tall. All three boys are in it twice + a fourth figure. Can you see them all?

Check Anna's website at www.annawestphal.com. She has an exhibition at Café Engel in Helsinki in April.

No comments: