Apr 26, 2007

Fridge magnets

In August 2000 DH and I were visiting friends in Scotland. DH played a lot of golf, but we did some sightseeing, too. Once after a lovely walk in a beautiful garden I wanted to stop at the tourist shop to have a look. DH wanted to move on and said something about them selling just "stupid fridge magnets". Being a woman I got really upset that I can't spend 15 minutes just looking around and he can spend 5 hours on the golf course. Hey, it was almost 7 years ago and I still remember!!! And so does my friend. I told her about this "amicable" conversation we had and ever since whenever she and her husband are travelling they do their best to find the tackiest fridge magnet possible and send it to us. Ooh, it's so funny.

This is what my friends husband gave to me. Hmm, it made me think.

This fridge magnet was made by some Scottish artesan. It's made of steel. In my opinion it looks like some kind of a "pet" you could get in the hairy parts of your body. Itchy. And this is what I want to see on my fridge door...

We also have a genuine Spanish bull, a dolphin, a daisy, a Highland cow, a Scot playing the bag pipe, a beer can, a shark, a frog ..... all from our friends in Scotland!

This one I bought myself. I could use a few of these pills.

2 comments:

Matroskin said...

I like the idea of collecting tacky fridge magnets, even if it's against your will. Think what a heritage you can leave to your children!! "Mum spent all her money, but at least we got her collection of 505 tacky fridge magnets!"

Laura said...

The fridge magnets are actually ususally sent to DH, just to bug him! The bag pipe player was beheaded last week when it fell on the floor :-(