Apr 23, 2007

Flowers

I should post beautiful pictures, too. My friend gave me this flower for my 26th birthday a week ago (it was my 9th 26th birthday). She knows I love orange gerberas. Thank you, Maija! Behind it is our kitchen wall. I painted it with black board paint. The boys love drawing on it. I should've taken a picture of the fern we had in our bathroom upstairs. It was quite crispy and brown. There were some green parts, but they were crispy, too. I stared at it every day since January, first wondering whether or not it is beyond saving i.e. is there any point in wasting water on it. And eventually wondering if some fairy godmother would take it away during the night so that I wouldn't have to bother to do it. Alas, nothing happened. It stayed crispy and turning even more brown. On Saturday I finally threw it into our compost with the 3 orchids that had suffered too in my care. Actually one of them started to bloom again, which made me really happy. But not happy enough to water it, so it died.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Flowers have the same luck at my house - so do pets. We had a goldfish once. Our cousins assured us that it couldn't die because they had tried. It only lasted a week at our house. Of course that time is was from OVER-feeding! And my daughter wonders why we won't get a dog! I'm loving reading your blog. It's so fun to see a slice of your life!

Laura said...

Nid Llemony o'r Unol Daleithiau?!? Oes blog arno ti? Ble?

Llawer o gariad oddi wrth Lowri