May 8, 2007

Bicycling

It was one of the very last days of March when Tuomas (then 3y2m old) asked very politely if I could take the "small wheels" off his bike. I did and off he went. The next day he bicycled over 30 m without any help from me! The only thing that needed practicing was breaking using the pedals and not his feet. He practiced and did learn. Now we can bicycle to the grocery store and back (2 km) without any trouble. Tuomas is an on/off person, also in biking. He either pedals fast or breaks very hard as you can see from the back tire of his bike: I'm surprised if it doesn't burst before June!This is our "sugar cube". The apple tree on the right was moved last summer just when the heat wave started. We had the parking place made bigger and the tree had to be removed. Moving a big tree is always a risk (especially if it hasn't been prepared for it at all) and the poor thing was in ICU all summer (we could see it in our water bill). It looks that it has survived :-) against all odds. Our gardener (sounds posh, doesn't it!), Liisa, my friends sister, is coming by later this week to give an expert's opinion on it. But it isn't completely dead!

The yard looks nice and tidy enough. Ok, zoom out and what you see is "the battle field" as our next door neighbours call it!

Actully, in my eyes, it doesn't look too bad. I've seen it worse!

No comments: