May 8, 2007

Pets and home

We share a pet with the whole neighbourhood. It announces its whereabouts by knocking on the street lamp hood. A woodpecker (I'm not an ornitologist so it's just a woodpecker to me)! Last spring, our first spring in our house, it took me a while to find out where the noise came from. But I understand from another neighbour that it's not nice to have him wake you up every morning very early.


Woody.


Woody at work.
Last year we were in Scotland beginning of May (this means I haven't seen my fridge magnet friends for a year!!!) and we missed the blooming of the cherry trees (cherry.... well somekind of an ornamental cherry). This how they looked on May 2 with our guest house in the back.

And this was last night, May 7. Our neighbour was so happy for us to see them in bloom this year. They look very beautiful.

No comments: