May 23, 2007

Spring party

Tuomas' group at the day care had their party yesterday morning. We had been warned beforehand by the teachers that Tuomas had refused any co-operation. He didn't want to dance, let alone wear somekind of a "stupid" outfit. He's very outgoing but in new situations very shy. It was a shock to him to see so many people in the room they had practiced for their spring party.Tuomas did a 180 and his teacher had to persuade him to sit on the bench next to the "fairies".
"I don't like this one bit". His face lightened up when he finally saw us. But he didn't dance nor sing. Good for you, Tuomas, for having a will of your own!

Last Saturday was in Risto's opinion "the best day of my world". I cut his hair. Or actually shaved it from the sides..... he looks like a leukemia patient, but he just loves his new style. It'll grow back. I remembered that he has his spring party today, but only after having shaved half of his head. Oh well! Tuomas had fun watching "cut from there, Mom!" but very clearly expressed that he did not want the same style.
Our punk rocker.
Risto's spring party. Risto is in a Swedish language immersion group, so all the songs they sang were in Swedish. Risto is the one holding the yellow man. Half of Risto's group are pre-schoolers who're leaving the day care for school. I was holding back my tears when their teacher held a speech to them, saying good-bye, wishing them good luck in school and life, too. Risto will be in that position in a year and I doubt I'll be able to hold back my tears then.

No comments: