May 8, 2007

Decorating

Decorating 0ur home is something I don't do much of. Keeping it more or less (usually less) clean is enough of work. Actually we have asked our friend Outi to re-design our livingroom. I'm hoping to see a change in it. We just haven't had the time to sit down together.

But this is what I did in our guest bathroom! I copied the idea of the golden frame on the mirror from Schiphol airport ladies' bathroom. Just a simple golden frame attached to the mirror so that when you wash your hands you can see yourself in the frame (that is, if you're the same height as me!).

From the mirror you can see a mask that is located just above the toilet bowl itself and the first thing you see opening the door. There was an article in Helsingin Sanomat back in August about a little shop that sells genuine masks from Venice. It took me over 6 months to get to down-town Helsinki, but I finally did in April. And I just had to have one. Not cheap, but definately cheaper than a flight to Venice (and the shopkeeper said that the masks are a lot more expensive there!). Hand made, not plastic with a "Made in China" sticker in the back.


Jaakko started to cry when I put the mask on my face. I admit that it is scary and has a vicious look. But have a look at Casanova!

No comments: