May 23, 2007

Flowers

I finally planted some flowers. The huge pots are actually plastic, believe me or not! Both have pink Mårbacka pelargoniums and ivy.
This one is right next to our front door. I'm betting that before Midsummer Tuomas has ripped it to pieces in one of his tantrums "I'll break it with a hammer and tear it down and smash it into pieces and...and... and...." . The cast iron dog has a brush on its back to be used to clean your shoes (hardly ever used for that purpose). When I bought it a couple of years back I asked Risto what should we name it. "Rainbow" was his answer. Hmm.... it's not that colourful.

This welcomes our guests and gives the neighbours something to bump into when they drive past in their cars. BTW, our house number is easy to remember: we're 5 and "A" as in ape house! Welcome!
I planted a white and a blue clematis next to the apple tree. Hopefully they'll climb up quickly to make the poor tree look better. I moved two lavenders next to the clematis to give them some sort of shade.
Apple blossoms are so beautiful.
I don't like this plant (vuorenkilpi in Finnish, I guess, and I'm too lazy to look up the English/Latin name). It's one of the first flowers to bloom in the spring, but the rest of the summer all you get is the big, green, waxy leaves. It's not my favourite, but I guess the flowers are quite beautiful when looked at close range.

2 comments:

Outi Loimaranta said...

Mårbacka ja muratti on ihana yhdistelmä! Mä just revin noi typerät vuorenkilvet pois meidän pihalta. Laitan tilalle mansikoita. :-)

Mika said...

Aika siisti mäyräkoira teillä on portailla...:-)