May 30, 2007

They wear me out!!!

I've heard that some women fantasize being in bed with more than 1 male. I should be lucky then, sharing my bed at least with 2 every night, Sunday mornings with 4. But these males just wear me out!!! Last night Risto ran (yes, he was in a hurry) to our bed. The thunder had scared him. He's like a windmill when he sleeps. You'll never know if you're hit with an arm or a leg. More often he sneaks to our bed that you don't even notice him until you're hit in the face with a heel.

Tuomas, on the other hand (you have also five fingers...hah-hah), comes quietly to my side of the bed, tells me he needs to go to the bathroom, goes to the bathroom (usually doesn't flush...) and comes back and snuggles. I call him my "kainalo kananen" which translates (without the alliteration, of course) as a little armpit chicken, well a chicken that snuggles under your arm. I guess he won't like that nick name when he's a bit older. Last three nights our chicken has turned into an angry rooster, screaming for half an hour usually after midnight. And when I mean screaming I mean SCREAMING. I'm surprised his brothers don't wake up. Last night I had to take him downstairs to calm down. He's usually half asleep and it takes him a while to wake up and then a longer while to stop screaming. And the reason for this? Last night he said that his leg/foot hurt and he needed to go to the bathroom. Should I also let my family and half the neighbourhood know when I need to go to the bathroom.... But this leads to the fact that I'm dead tired. Going to bed after 11PM, reading for a while, calming down screaming boys in the middle of the night, sleeping restlessly and waking up at 6:30 AM latest, going to work, picking the boys up, cooking "Don't put asparagus in the pie!!! I won't eat that!!!! SCREAMING", brushing teeth, cleaning the kitchen, sitting down for a nano-second, laundry, going to bed around 11PM, reading for a while, being punched between the ribs by a five year old but strong knee, waking up 5 AM to hear the 5 year old knee and rest of the body play with Legos...... Luckily I have DH to carry the load with me!!! How do single moms do it! I have the chance (yeah, lucky me) to be a single mom today and tomorrow since DH is on a business trip. Have pity on me.....

No comments: